Thursday, January 26, 2012

Two Months & Twelve Days...

The day was Monday, January 23th 2012.  The day started off different then the rest.  It was the first morning waking up without my husband by my side.  Summer and I had spent the night at my moms instead of driving home to Sequim the night before after bringing Brian out to Silverdale to start his travels to Nashville.  His flight was leaving at 6am Monday morning so instead of Summer & I driving up to Seatac before the sun came up Brian and a few other managers stayed the night in a hotel near the airport the night before.   So back to Monday morning, Summer and I got ready and headed out the door to make it back to Sequim in time for Summer to start school.  We made it about an hour before so Summer tagged along while I did a few errands.  We started off going to the bank where a very elderly man backed into my car (there was no avoiding it, I couldn't move forward because of oncoming traffic so I honked my horn and inched as far ahead as possible) luckily there was nothing more then a small dent above my rear tire.  After that we headed over to WalMart to kill some time.  I was already a few days late so I decided to pick up a test while we were there.  Of coarse Summer's curious mind wanted to know what was in that box as soon as I put it in my basket.  At first I just chuckled under my breath and didn't say anything but then she persisted to know.  Once we got to a clear aisle I knelt down to her level and whispered in her ear that it was a test to see if there was a baby in Mommy's belly.  Her eyes lit up and doubled in size at the thought.  One the way to school she wanted to hold the box and look at it and then asked if I put it on my tummy to check.  I chuckled again and explained to her how it worked and her response was "ewe gross!!!".   Once I dropped her off at school I headed home to proceed with the test.  For best results you are supposed to do it in the morning when you first wake up but if you know me then you know there was no way I could wait that long.  So I took the test.  I saw one line in the "test" box and one bold line in the other.  At first I thought to myself of coarse I'm not but then as I looked again I realized the bold line was vertical and not horizontal as it would be if it were negative and there was the faint crossing line I just happened to miss the first time.  So of coarse an hour later I took another one just to be sure and sure enough it was positive as well!  I couldn't believe it I was so excited.  I shut my eyes right then and there and thanked the Lord for this little blessing.  Also if you know me you know I have Crohns Disease and during the time they were diagnosing it there were a few tests & scans they had done that they warned me there would be a chance I would never be able to conceive again.  At the time I didn't care because I just wanted to know what was wrong with me but as time went on the thought was heartbreaking.  So there it was a positive test in my hand.  At the time Brian was in flight to Nashville so I had to wait until he landed.  My plan was to FaceTime (video chat via our iPhones) him as soon as he got to the hotel but when he did arrive he had only a short time to get checked in and to the opening meeting for the conference.  There was no way I could wait that long to tell him so as he was in the middle of telling me something (I was so excited to really hear what he was even saying) I just said "WE'RE PREGNANT!" he paused and asked me what I said and so I told him again and the next thing I hear is him yelling to whoever was walking by "My Wife is Pregnant!".  Once we hung up with each other he called Emma to tell her the great news (she was with her mom) and I proceeded to send a picture of the positive test to all of our parents (I wanted to tell them all at the same time) as well as all my siblings.  Almost instantly I got a call from a very very excited Mother In Law and then I called my Mom & Dad to ensure they got the message as well.  According to when my last cycle was our expected due date is September 26th, 2012.  


No comments:

Post a Comment